Family Cookbook brought to you by Food24
Made with McCain campaign
These terms form the framework of our relationship and apply when you use the Family Cookbook brought to you by Food24 Made with McCain website, the Cookbook Creator tool, and your personalised cookbook.
- Who are we?
We are Food24; a brand owned by New Media, a division of Media24 (Pty) Ltd. We run the Family Cookbook brought to you by Food24 Made with McCain campaign and own the Cookbook Creator tool.
The associated McCain ‘Made with McCain’ competition where participants could win a free cookbook, is run by McCain Foods SA (Pty) Ltd. Please read the competition rules if you would like to participate in the competition.
- How does the Cookbook Creator work?
The Cookbook Creator allows you to build your personalised cookbook through a simple web interface. You can tailor your personalised cookbook with recipes from Food24, McCain, and your very own recipes.
To use the Cookbook Creator, you must create an account and accept these terms by clicking the ‘I agree’ button, creating a binding contract between us.
If you enter the ‘Made with McCain’ competition and you receive a voucher code, you may use the voucher code to order your cookbook. You must redeem the voucher code within three months from the date that you entered the competition to qualify for a free personalised cookbook. You cannot exchange the voucher code for cash.
If you do not have a voucher code, you must pay a non-refundable fee of R400 (plus VAT) through our payment gateway to order your cookbook. You will receive a receipt and a customer number to use when you create your cookbook. Once the customer number is issued, you cannot cancel your order and claim a refund.
You will be guided through each step by Cookbook Creator to you compile your personalised cookbook. You can include recipes from Food24, McCain, and your own recipes.
You must submit your cookbook for design and creation by no later than 30 September 2021
- What will your personalised cookbook look like?
You will receive a digital PDF version of your personalised cookbook via email, and a digitally printed cookbook via courier. We use external designers and printers and cannot guarantee delivery timeframes, but we will keep you updated on the progress via email.
Your printed cookbook will:
- be 195 x 240 mm in size
- be 132 pages long
- include at least 48 recipes
- have a matt laminated cover
- What are your responsibilities?
You are responsible for everything that happens on your account.
- give us accurate, current, and complete information about yourself
- keep your profile and personal information up to date
- keep your credentials secure
- only use recipes and images that belong to you
- ensure that your images meet the production specifications
- proofread your content
- not use explicit or harmful language. If you do, we can refuse to produce your cookbook
- submit your cookbook for design and creation by no later than 30 September 2021
- immediately let us know if you discover or suspect any security breaches on the Cookbook Creator or your account
- What are the rules for using the Cookbook Creator?
You must be 18 years or older to create an account and order a cookbook. We will only deliver cookbooks to addresses in South Africa.
To use the Cookbook Creator, you must use one of these operating systems:
- Mozilla Firefox v80.0 & 79.0
- Google Chrome v86.0.4240 & v87.0
- Safari v131.2 & v14.0
- Microsoft Edge v85.0.564.51 & v45.8.8
- Android 5+
- iOS 12+
- If you upload photos, please make sure that they meet the following requirements so that they appear clearly in your printed cookbook. Format: JPG
- Resolution: 300DPI
- Profile: CMYK
If your images don’t meet these requirements we may replace them with generic images, but we won’t edit your recipe.
Don’t use any automated means (like spiders or crawlers) or interface that we have not authorised, to access the Cookbook Creator or its features, to extract data or otherwise interfere with or modify functionality, or page rendering.
Don’t transmit or post any file that may be contaminated or contain destructive elements that interfere with the performance of the Cookbook Creator, for instance, worms or viruses.
Don’t reverse engineer any aspect of our services, or do anything that might discover our source code.
Don’t try to bypass our firewalls and other security measures used to prevent or limit access to any content, area or code of the Cookbook Creator or its components.
Don’t upload any content that:
- is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, indecent, defamatory, discriminatory, vulgar, profane, libellous, hateful, or invasive on another’s privacy;
- violates third party rights, including the right to privacy, right to publicity, or any intellectual property rights;
- is illegal; or
- is an attempt to impersonate another person or entity.
- What licences do we give you?
The Cookbook Creator and all content and other materials it contains, including the Food24 trademark and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively we call this the ‘content’) are the property of New Media, a division of Media24 (Pty) Ltd or is licensed to us, unless we indicate that it is not. The McCain artwork, logos and trademarks are the property of McCain Foods (Pty) Ltd.
We give you a limited, nonexclusive, non-transferable license to:
- access and use the Cookbook Creator on any device that you own or control for the sole purpose of accessing the Cookbook Creator components and features.
- use Food24 and McCain recipes and content to build your personalised cookbook.
You may only use the services and content for their intended purposes.
You may not:
- sell, resell, or use the Cookbook Creator or content commercially
- distribute, publicly perform, or publicly display any content without our written permission
- modify or derive any uses of the services, or content, or any portion thereof
- use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods
- download (other than page caching) any part of the services, or content, except where we have given you permission in writing
The Cookbook Creator and its content may include software components provided by third parties that are subject to separate licencing terms, in which case those licencing terms will govern those software components.
- What licences do you give us?
When you upload your own recipes, content, and photos for your personalised cookbook, you give Food24 and McCain an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence and right to use the content, and all intellectual property rights therein. By ‘use’ we mean to copy, display, distribute, modify, translate, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, promote, and to create derivative works.
- How do we treat your personal information?
We will keep your personal information confidential. To print and deliver your cookbook, we will share your personal information with our printers and courier companies.
Read our Privacy Notice to see how we collect and use personal information.
- What about third-party websites?
We may link to third-party websites from our website and the Cookbook Creator. We don’t control these websites or their content, so we cannot accept responsibility for their quality, content, nature, or reliability.
- Where does our responsibility end (disclaimers, limitation of liability, and indemnity)?
Food24 and McCain will not be liable for any misspelt names, words, or messages that appear in your cookbook
You use the Cookbook Creator and its features at your own risk.
You cannot hold us responsible for any loss or harm that you suffer because you used, or could not use, the Cookbook Creator.
You cannot request a refund for the cookbook delivered to you, unless the content included is different from the information you uploaded.
If you breach this contract or any applicable legislation, you will be held responsible for any claims, demands, causes of action, damages, legal and other costs, expenses, penalties, losses or liabilities that result from third-party claims.
Although we will try to prevent it from happening, we are not responsible for any malicious code (like a virus) that could come from our website or the Cookbook Creator.
We may change the content, features, or functions of the Cookbook Creator at any time without giving you notice and without obligation or liability to you.
Food24 and McCain cannot verify that all their recipes have been tested (although we try our best to) and so you use the recipes at your own risk.
- When may we restrict your access to the Cookbook Creator?
We may restrict or temporarily suspend access to the Cookbook Creator for technical, maintenance, or security reasons without compensation. We will do our best to keep this type of interruption to a minimum.
We may also restrict or suspend access if we find that:
- an unauthorised person is using your account
- you breach this contract or any applicable law
- About this contract
This contract regulates your use of the ‘Made with McCain’ website, the Cookbook Creator tool, and your personalised cookbook.
South African law governs this contract and any disputes relating to it.
We may freely assign our rights and obligations under this contract to any of our affiliates or in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or sale of assets, or by operation of law, or otherwise. We may transfer your information to any of our affiliates, successor entities, or new owner.